In developing any new product, you invest a great deal of time and energy into testing your products to ensure your designs meet a wide array of customer needs and regulatory requirements. Recording and tracking of issues are therefore one of the most important aspects to the output of testing. It’s critical to accurately record and track all your issues as Test Incidents and to then assess or judge them as being an actual Concern or not. If determined to be a Concern, proper assessment of issue severity and prioritization to drive countermeasure corrective actions is of the greatest importance.
Today, we are excited to announce the rollout of the Test Incident & Concerns Management feature in TITAN. Having a single system to manage the entire end-to-end test process including incident and concern management enables TITAN users to take advantage of all their existing data and information already recorded while documenting incidents, concerns, and countermeasure corrective actions. TITAN streamlines and simplifies the management of Issues discovered during testing without any need to incorporate other 3rd party tools.
We collaborated with subject matter experts from OEM’s listed in Fortune 50 as well as startups to ensure that the Test Incident and concerns management works great in most cases out of the box. Configuration options allow makes Test incident and concerns management flexible to handle your unique testing process.
In its most simplistic form, the Lifecycle of an Issue can be boiled down to 6 R’s:
- Record Details
- Review Information & Triage
- Root Cause the Failure
- Redesign for Countermeasures
- Re-test to Validate Solutions
- Report on Progress
And TITAN guides you every step of the way by managing all your Issues in a concise manner.
- Dashboard: You can visualize all the Test Incidents & Concerns related to the team, individual team members, or to the individual or team the incidents are assigned to for resolution. Set up dashboards to quickly check to see how quickly incidents are being reviewed and judged and which are still awaiting triaging so you can focus your resources accordingly.
- Create Incidents from the test: You can create an incident from a test and skip entering all the data twice.
- Link Incidents: Ensure no duplications occur by linking multiple similar or identical incidents together and keep the context in one place.
- Judge Incidents & Categorize Concerns: After recording the information related to the test incident, assign it to the appropriate individual to judge and assess whether it is a Concern. Then categorize the severity of the issue and prioritize the workflow to manage resolution.
- Notifications: Add watchers to incidents & concerns so email notifications are automatically sent to users, like being assigned a new incident or when the status changes for an incident.
- Assign the team: You can assign an incident & concerns to another user or group and collaborate in real-time.
- Comment on Incidents & Concerns: You can comment on incidents and keep all the details of communication regarding the incidents together in one place and in context.
- Root Cause Analysis: Keep details regarding root cause investigations collectively together in the same workspace while automatically keeping all watchers notified of information exchanges.
- Design Countermeasures: Once countermeasures have been actioned, plan for retests to validate the new design meets test requirements.
TITAN helps to eliminate information silos by organizing your testing activities in one place. Keeping discussions about tests, incidents, concerns, and countermeasures all in one place where the entire team can stay on the same page. If you’re in the market for a Test Lifecycle management tool, check out our product at https://auto.testlifecycle.com/ and contact us for more information or schedule a product tour.